Creating a safe and caring classroom and school children and families.
With the belief that parents are a child’s first teacher with school as a supportive partner, staff at A Child’s Place can better help children learn and grow. The Pyramid Model focuses on valuing children and parents as partners. Teachers want children to learn skills that will help them do well in school, and help them do well in life. Pyramid Model practices help support these goals.
What is the Pyramid Model?
The Pyramid Model is a set of practices that help children develop important social and emotional skills to last a lifetime.
The Pyramid Model practices help children develop important social and emotional skills that will help them be successful in school and in life.
- Level 1 – Practices that help all children. (Healthy Relationships, Classroom routines)
- Level 2—Practices that some children who need a little more support. (Friendship Skills, Feelings)
- Level 3—Practices that help a few children who need more support. (A partnership with families)
Who uses the Pyramid Model?
- Teachers and paraprofessionals
- Adults who work at our school
A Child’s Place at Unity House will be hosting the Positive Solutions for Families, a free series of 6 parent workshops starting in March, 2019. Parents must register in advance for this series.
Many thanks to our grant funding partners who have made this family engagement possible.
For questions, parents can reach out to:
Assistant Director, Child Care
435 4th St.
Troy, NY 12180
518-271-6777 Ext. 4526